Regional Business Support Officer
Responsible to: Head of Region
Location: Southampton or Bristol
Salary: Circa £20,000 dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits
About the role
The South West regional team plays a vital role in driving the LTA mission to get more people playing tennis, more often. Supporting a growing tennis population across Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, Dorset, Somerset, Avon, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Devon & Cornwall, there is a significant opportunity to drive new participation in tennis. There is a strong tennis landscape including 450 tennis clubs, 80 park sites & 20 Community Indoor Tennis Centres supported by thousands of volunteers and 800 accredited tennis coaches.
The role requires someone who is exceptionally organised, can work proactively in line with the strategic priorities of the Regional Team and will provide strong support both to the Team and their key partners.
In summary the role will:
· Be responsible for ensuring that there is a strong and well communicated administrative function that supports the Regional Team to deliver its strategy.
· Liaise proactively with relevant Central Support Teams and external Partners.
· To support the plan for growth in key Local Authority areas and venues across the Region aligned to the national participation strategy by providing an efficient administration function including logistics, finances and monitoring amongst others.
· To play an active role in the process in the Regional Team to identify the Local Authority areas and venues with the biggest opportunity to influence participation.
· To liaise with, and support as appropriate, external partners to ensure that they are able to deliver and report on progress in line with agreed strategy.
· To ensure there is an appropriate level of marketing and promotional presence to support the Regional strategy.
· To ensure that there is a strong level of engagement with relevant LTA products and support throughout appropriate venues.
· To work with relevant Colleagues from the Central Support and Regional Teams to ensure that there is a high quality support for plans with partner LAs and venues. February 2017
· To ensure appropriate local processes are in place to manage Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) identity checks in line with the DBS code of practice.
· To provide exemplary customer service to the regional tennis workforce, regional colleagues and County Associations including email and telephone support and responding to feedback and enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
· Proactively communicate with venues and the tennis workforce to upsell LTA offers/promotions as appropriate.
· To build and maintain a broad and relevant understanding of British tennis and an expert knowledge in one or more specialist areas and/or geographical locations.
To establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
· To work with the Regional Team to implement effective regional and county communication plans to support delivery against strategic outcomes.
· To be an ambassador for Tennis in Britain positively promoting the sport and those that work and volunteer within it.
· To contribute to or lead on projects, as required.
· Having to manage your own time and work to set deadlines
· Working with good attention to detail and accuracy
· Making independent decisions in the context of wider Team strategy
· Working in an administration support role
· Working in a NGB or equivalent environment particularly where there are County Association partnerships
Knowledge, Training & Qualifications
· Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to liaise and communicate with people at all levels
· Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
· Competent IT skills (Word/ Excel/PowerPoint/Databases/Microsoft Office/internet)
· A satisfactory DBS disclosure
· Full Driving Licence
· An understanding of the wider sports network and the elements involved in developing sports in Club, Community and Education settings
· An understanding of local, County, Regional and National Tennis structures
· Sports development and/or sports facility management qualifications
Closing date for applications is 25 June