Walking Spaces Officer (Wales)
Salary: £22,177 - £30,515 pa (depending on experience)
Based at: Cardiff/Wales
Contract: Fixed term. One year
Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking.
The Ramblers is looking to recruit a skilled and experienced individual to provide:
This role will support Ramblers members and groups to get the most from Ramblers systems to support more members and volunteers maintaining and opening up the path network. The role will deliver, or support colleagues to deliver, projects to ensure the continued development of our volunteer footpath maintenance work in Wales, and to support the skilling-up of Ramblers volunteers and members. The post holder will also play a pivotal role in furthering the profile and sustainability of the Cambrian Way.
Essential Requirements include:
· A proven understanding of Rights of Way and access in Wales
· A proven track record in managing and working with volunteers
· Experience of designing and delivering training and support resources
· Experience of successfully managing projects or programmes delivering against agreed objectives
· Ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including volunteers, members, colleagues and wider partners from across the third sector/government
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrable attention to detail and the needs of different audiences
· Ability to analyse data and present reports
· Excellent IT skills, including web skills, and an ability to support others to use software and programmes
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Ability to travel and to spend evenings and weekends away from home
· Awareness of comparable third sector organisations within Wales
How to apply
Application is by completed covering letter and CV. The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer; the equal opps form can be found here. Completed forms should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 7 April 2017
Interviews date: week commencing Monday 17 April 2017
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.