Salary: £26,520 - £30,000p.a. dependent on experience
Location: Central London
The Football Foundation is the country's largest sports charity. It funds the improvement of public sports facilities across the country – especially grassroots football facilities - with investment provided by the Premier League, The FA and the Government. Since it was launched in 2000, the Foundation has awarded around 15,000 grants worth £580m towards improving grassroots sport, which it has used to attract additional partnership funding of just under £800m – over £1.4bn of investment into the grassroots game.
This exciting role will be vital in supporting the Foundation’s Grant Management team to operate as effectively as possible: providing administrative level support in the project assessment and grant making processes. Reporting to the Regional Lead, the successful candidate will work within a regional team, answering enquiries from applicants, drafting grant offer letters, assessing lower value grant requests, entering performance management data and assisting team members with their composition of reports to present for panel approval. The role also assists with the on-going monitoring and evaluation process to support the sustainability of funded projects.
The right candidate will use their experience of providing robust and accurate administrative support, together with their knowledge and passion for sports development to support the full end to end process of facilities investment offered by the Foundation.
Key Skills and Attributes:
· Knowledge and passion for sports development
· The ability to juggle a wide range of activities, prioritise own workload, deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines
· Excellent IT skills including MS Office with a focus on Excel
· Written and verbal English must be of the highest calibre
· Accurate and systematic attention to detail
· Friendly and personable, professional approach
· Flexible, adaptable and willing to support
· Knowledge and or experience of grant application processes
· Knowledge and or experience of monitoring and evaluating principles
· Experience in report writing and proof reading
· Delivery of effective administration and upward management to support a varied team
· Experience with using dashboards and other performance management software to assist in monitoring the progress of projects and performance improvement in general
· Experience of communicating with colleagues and applicants remotely via email, video conferencing and phone
For full details of the key skills, attributes and experience, please read the full job description.
This is an exciting opportunity within the Football Foundation to make a real difference to grassroots football. The successful applicant will be a self-starter and a team player, willing to play their part in an exciting environment, supporting the development of new and refurbished grassroots sports facilities.
How to apply
To apply, please view the job description and person specification at www.footballfoundation.org.uk/about-us/jobs/ and send your CV and a covering letter (no more than one page of A4), stating why you think you would be suitable for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 11pm on Sunday 26 March 2017
Interviews will be held week commencing 10 April 2017
Please note that, due to high volumes of interest in roles at the Football Foundation, only successful applicants will be contacted
The Football Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity