Based at: London, Vauxhall
Contract: Full time/35 hours per week/fixed term (starting May 2017)
Salary: £28,000 to £30,000pa (depending on experience)
Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking. This is an exciting role where you will support Ramblers volunteers to deliver services which help people enjoy the benefits of walking, whether they are first time walkers or experienced hikers; whether they want to walk independently or in a group; or to walk in our towns and cities or in our countryside and wild lands.
This role will be responsible for providing help, guidance and support to volunteers, and coordinating closely with Ramblers Cymru and Ramblers Scotland to support volunteers across Great Britain to deliver consistent services for walkers.
Essential Requirements include:
· A proven track record in managing and working with volunteers
· Experience of designing and delivering training and support resources
· Experience of successfully managing projects or programmes
· Experience of delivering positive change
· Excellent interpersonal and customer support skills with demonstrable ability to communicate with empathy and patience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrable attention to detail and the needs of different audiences
· Excellent IT skills and an ability to support others to use technical systems and programmes
· Ability to understand, apply and explain policies and procedures
· Ability to analyse data and present reports
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships and work in a team
· Willing to travel and to spend evenings and weekends away from home
· Interest in/knowledge of walking/physical activity/public health/outdoors
How to apply
Application is by completed covering letter and CV. The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer; the equal opps form can be found here. Completed forms should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 27 March 2017
Interviews date: 03 April 2017 to 07 April 2017
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.