Based at: London
Contract: Part-time / 14 hrs per week / 6 month fixed term contract
Salary: £28,000 to £34,000 pa pro rata, depending on experience
Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking.
The Ramblers is looking to recruit a skilled and experienced individual for our London office. This is an excellent opportunity for a confident adaptable individual to join a successful charity during an exciting period in our history. The role is to support the HR department in achieving our objectives. We are looking for an individual who possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders
This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity. The ideal candidate will be an experienced HR professional who has operated within a fast paced busy environment. With the ability to work consistently to high standards with a sound knowledge of employment law and HR best practice.
Essential Requirements include:
· Understanding and application of Employment and Equalities legislation as it relates to contracts, employee relations and absence
· Ability to interpret new employment legislation and implementing policies and procedures within the frame work of the organisation
· Understanding and application of other legislation as it relates to the HR function e.g. Health & Safety and data protection
· Previous experience of working in a HR environment at HR Officer level
· Previous experience of dealing conflicting priorities and maintaining a satisfactory level of service
· Ability to maintain high levels of accuracy
· Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner
· Confidence to provide advice professionally and assertively to staff, both verbally and in writing
How to apply
Application is by completed covering letter and CV. The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer; the equal opps form can be found here. Completed forms should be sent by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 24 March 2017
Interviews: 03 April 2017
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.