Engagement and Communications Officer (Wales)
Based at: Cardiff/Wales
Contract: Full time/Permanent Salary: £22,177 - £30,515 pa (depending on experience)
The Ramblers is looking to recruit a skilled and experienced individual to provide:
a leading role to develop a coordinated communications, and PR plan, for Ramblers Cymru. The post-holder will seek to build and engage new and potential supporters, communicate effectively with our members and raise the profile of the organisation to key external audiences.
Ensure that events for members and supporters are designed and delivered in such a way as to work effectively for existing and potential members and support the overall objectives of the organisation.
Part of this role will be working to ensure that online content is developed in line with appropriate supporter journeys to build and engage many more people in our campaigning, communications and other activities.
Essential Requirements include:
· Proven track record as a strategic communications professional (minimum 3 years) – ability to generate national press coverage across a range of media over a sustained period of time.
· A demonstrable ability to develop and ‘sell in’ imaginative, newsworthy stories using own initiative.
· Experience of developing and implementing a communications strategy, media and external affairs plans for an organisation
· Robust understanding of the political and media landscapes within Wales
· Well-connected with journalists and other media professionals and keeps abreast of new communications tools and tactics
· Experience of working with supporter databases and e-comms tools
· Experience of writing effective e-comms content that delivers against targets (e.g. click-throughs, online actions)
· Robust understanding of supporter journeys and proven experience in planning and delivering against targets
· Familiarity with managing brands and positioning an organisation effectively to external audiences
· Experience of managing social media channels (e.g. Twitter, Facebook) for an organisation
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with portfolio of written work.
· Demonstrable project management experience – proven ability to maximise the effectiveness of a communications opportunity
· Experience of developing content for events to increase support or engagement with an organisation
· Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, supportive of colleagues with a keen awareness of the pressures and rewards of volunteering.
· Computer literate and administratively self-sufficient, with experience of web work and social media.
· Commitment to work and values of the Ramblers
How to apply
Application is by completed covering letter and CV. The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer; the equal opps form can be found here. Completed forms should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 29 March 2017
Interviews date: 03 April 2017 to 07 April 2017
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.