Our Independent Directors are appointed by the Board Nominations Committee (Chair, Elected Director & Independent Director) based on who meets the skills and experience we are seeking. As a result, in order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate that you have no association with an organisation in membership of Parkour UK at the time of your application.
With our new governance structure, vision and mission, we need individuals who can help develop and maintain Parkour UK’s strategic focus and direct the changing organisation towards its future. You would need to be able to make a commitment to Parkour UK and devote the necessary time, have strategic vision, independent judgement, an ability to think creatively and a willingness to speak your mind.
We are looking for an Independent Director who has skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
· Marketing and Digital technologies/social media;
· Commercial rights and/or sponsorship;
· Finance and accountancy.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
· An impressive track record of success in the private, public and/or voluntary sector;
· The ability to operate at Board level for a National Governing Body (NGB);
· A good understanding of the role that sport plays in society – particularly a modern lifestyle sport like Parkour/Freerunning;
· Ability to think creatively and strategically;
· The skills to challenge current thinking at Board level;
· A clear commitment to improving diversity and equality and understanding the needs of under-represented groups in sport;
· A good understanding of the UK’s sporting landscape – including the new Code of Good Governance.
In line with our Equality and Diversity Policy and the new UK Code for Sports Governance, we are keen to achieve a more diverse Board of Directors and would welcome applications from those communities or segments of the UK population who are currently under-represented on the Board, in particular women.
We can pay travel expenses and provide a full induction to the NGB’s work. You will be expected to attend at least four to six Board meetings a year, which are normally held at the Parkour UK’s offices in Westminster, London. Increasingly we are establishing committees to oversee and drive our work, and support the work of our CEO. In addition, we would encourage your attendance at a number of Parkour UK meetings and events such as our AGM (this year in Wales on 8 July 2017), as well as our members events.
For more detailed information about Parkour UK and a list of the current Directors, please visit our website. For an informal discussion about the role of Independent Director please contact our Independent Chair, Stephen Mitchell, on 07968364189.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter stating your interest, suitability for the role of Independent Director and CV to Stephen Mitchell, Independent Chair, Parkour UK, 4th Floor, Burwood House, 14-16 Caxton Street, London SW1H 0QT, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 21 April 2017. Interviews will be held in w/c 8 and 15 May in London with appointment being ratified at our AGM in July 2017.